Learning Analytics: Getting to Application, Results, and Value
Independence Visitor's Center
7:30 AM - 9:30 AM
Wednesday, September 9, 2015
L&D organizations consistently struggle in providing the senior leaders in their business with the metrics they need to be seen as a strategic providers to the business. Progressive learning organizations are leveraging measurement and analytics to be able to show their executive sponsors the application, results, and business value that their programs are delivering to the organization.
The Metrics That Matter practice of CEB (Corporate Executive Board) specializes in helping learning organizations take a different approach toward learning analytics. They will share the latest insights and research around learning measurement and provide an overview of how the best in class & award winning corporate learning groups are accomplishing this.
This session will:
- Provide the latest research from CEB on L&D groups regarding learning analytics
- Discuss the phenomenon of “Scrap Learning”. How measuring Scrap Learning helps organizations in calibrating and improving their levels of the application, results, and value from learning
- Draw the distinction between the average learning group and best in class in relation to analytics
- Provide guidance for how learning groups can move from being seen as cost centers to valuable strategic partners
- Show how analytics helps top learning groups make their business cases for new programs (and additional budget) and get the resources they need for success!
7:30 AM - 8:00 AM - Registration and Breakfast
8:00 AM - Welcome
8:15 AM - 9:30 AM - Presentation with Michael Cohen
About the Speaker:
Michael Cohen, Account Manager at Metrics That Matter / CEB
Michael has been in the corporate learning space for over 14 years having been with Thomson NETg, Skillsoft, and most recently, CEB. Michael has worked with a wide range of companies (from mid size to global Fortune 500) to help their learning organizations drive talent development excellence. Since 2014 he has been with the Metrics That Matter practice of CEB helping organizations measure and improve their talent programs through the use of automated metrics.
Read our ATD-PHL’s Refund & Event Onsite Policy for Chapter Events.
- Secure 24-hour fully enclosed parking is conveniently located underneath the Independence Visitor Center. The garage entrance is located on 6th Street just past Arch Street on the left hand side.
- GPS Location: 41 North 6th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Early Bird Rates, Enter between 6am and 9am, exit by 6:00pm- $12.50
- Non-Early Bird Rates: Up to 2 hours $16.00; Up to 10 hours $17.00
- For guests coming in from the parking garage they will enter into the main floor of the Visitor Center. They will then turn right and will see the sign for the Liberty View Ballroom as they get closer to the Main Entrance. Click here to view the diagram.
- Guests coming in from the parking garage will enter through the area labeled as the 6th Street Entrance.