Are you looking to develop your professional knowledge and skills, practice leadership and teamwork, and expand your network? Give back to your professional community and experience the spirit of ATD by volunteering for one of the tasks listed below.
We aim to match the interests and aspirations of our volunteers with opportunities to help operate our chapter. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and which task you are interested in working on.
Reports to VP of Programs:
- Greeter/Introvert engagement. Seek out the introverts at events and engage them in friendly conversation. Time commitment - short phone call with the VP of Programs plus 1 hour per event. No long term commitment required, must love wallflowers.
- Hosting an event. Host an event at your workplace; coordinate approvals for use of the space. Time commitment- approximately 5 hours.
- Program development. Propose and coordinate a SIG or chapter event. Time commitment -10 to 20 hours over 6 months.
- Resume/interview review for an event. We're looking for hiring managers willing to review resumes or do mini-interviews for a spring-time event. Time commitment- approximately 3 hours.
Reports to President
- Locate a meeting space in Montgomery County. Know a place that might be great for our chapter meetings? Please reach out to that venue and handle logistics with coordinating upcoming events. Time commitment -approximately 4 hours total.
- Locate a meeting space in Bucks County. Know a place that might be great for our chapter meetings? Please reach out to that venue and handle logistics with coordinating upcoming events. Time commitment - approximately 4 hours total.
- Coordinate an activity for our student chapter. A new student chapter will begin in 2019. If you have any interest in working on one of their events or have an idea for one, please let us know. Time commitment -approximate time is 2 hours.
- Facilitate a webinar on a topic of your choosing. Are you an expert in a particular area? Do you have a talent development issue you are dealing with and would like to get thoughts from your peers? We can work with you on hosting a webinar for 45 minutes. Time commitment-approximate time is 3 hours to prepare and conduct the webinar.
Reports to VP of Membership
- Contacting Attendees from Session. Time commitment - 30 minutes
- Contact members who attended a session thanking them for joining a session.
- Contact non-members who attended a session thanking them for joining the session and asking what else they need to become members.
- Contacting Members
- Contact new members at their 6 month mark to find out how their membership is going Time commitment 2 hours
- Contact members who haven’t attended any sessions in 6 months to let them know that we miss them and want them to come back. Time commitment 3 hours – but can be broken up into smaller times based on the number of people who respond.
- Contacting Members who have attended at least 2 activities in the last year to see if they want to be a Sherpa. Time commitment -2 hours
- Create relationships with new members and Sherpas. Time commitment -20 minutes a month.
Reports to VP of MarCom
- Live Tweet an event. Live tweet a chapter meeting, SIG event, networking meetup, or other ATD PHL or partner event. Time commitment -5 minutes to talk with VP of Marcom. No additional time needed beyond attending the event.
- Create/Edit copy for an event. Create/edit copy to promote an ATD PHL event for use in emails and on social media. Time commitment- approximately 1-2 hours per event.
Register your interest in becoming actively involved by emailing email@example.com with your contact information and which task you are interested in working on. A board member will contact you within 2 weeks to discuss your interests and ways you can get involved.