Are you looking to develop your professional knowledge and skills, practice leadership and teamwork, and expand your network? Give back to your professional community and experience the spirit of ATD by volunteering for one of the tasks listed below.
We aim to match the interests and aspirations of our volunteers with opportunities to help operate our chapter. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the volunteer application located at the bottom of this page. If you have any questions, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reports to President
- Virtual Community Manager. We are piloting a new online community for ATD PHL members only. Time commitment - approximately 2 hours per month
- Coordinate an activity for our student chapter. A new student chapter will begin in the fall of 2019. If you have any interest in working on one of their events or have an idea for one, please let us know. Time commitment - approximately 2 hours.
- Facilitate a webinar on a topic of your choosing. Are you an expert in a particular area? Do you have a talent development issue you are dealing with and would like to get thoughts from your peers? We can work with you on hosting a webinar for 45 minutes. Time commitment - approximate time is 3 hours to prepare and conduct the webinar.
Reports to VP of Membership
- Contacting Attendees from Session. Time commitment - 30 minutes
- Contact members who attended a session thanking them for joining a session.
- Contact non-members who attended a session thanking them for joining the session and asking what else they need to become members.
- Contacting Members
- Contact new members at their 6 month mark to find out how their membership is going. Time commitment 2 hours
- Send out postcards to new members within 30 days of them joining the chapter. - Contact members who haven’t attended any sessions in 6 months to let them know that we miss them and want them to come back. Time commitment 3 hours – but can be broken up into smaller times based on the number of people who respond.
Reports to VP of MarCom
- Live Tweet an event. Live tweet a chapter meeting, SIG event, networking meetup, or other ATD PHL or partner event. Time commitment -5 minutes to talk with VP of Marcom. No additional time needed beyond attending the event.
- Create/Edit copy for an event. Create/edit copy to promote an ATD PHL event for use in emails and on social media. Time commitment - approximately 1-2 hours per event.
Reports to VP of Partnerships
- Sponsorship Ambassador - Attend chapter events to speak to potential sponsors about the packages and benefits of sponsoring