It’s never been more important - or more challenging - for talent development professionals to remain focused, energized, productive and optimistic, that is, to be resilient. Understanding resilience targets how individuals, organizations, communities and systems adapt and bounce back in the face of adversity, stress, trauma, or significant life challenges. More than four decades of research at the University of Pennsylvania and at Adaptiv Learning Systems, a leader in researching the science of resilience, have proven that highly resilient people outperform – and outlast – their less resilient peers, and that resilience can be measured and then boosted through training.
This session will:
- Present research-based information about the science of resilience and how its application can be beneficial in a myriad of new and exciting ways.
- Introduce three critical skills proven to boost your energy, optimism and productivity despite the endless uncertainty we’re experiencing in both our work and personal lives.
- Discuss how to apply these skills to build and enhance your ability to be resilient while developing resilience within your organization.
This event will run from: 5:30 – 8:00 pm
5:30 – 6:15 pm: Registration / Light Meal / Networking
6:15 – 6:30 pm: Announcements
6:30 – 8:00 pm: Program
This is an in-person program only. Capacity is limited to 35.
Member (In-Person) - $10
- Non-Member (In-Person) - $30
- Non-Member Registration (In-Person) & Membership - $69
Event Sponsor and Location:
The Judge Group
151 S. Warner Road, Suite 100
Wayne, PA 19087
Dean Becker | Managing Director and Founder
Dean Becker is an accomplished executive and consultant and is a recognized expert in the field of individual and organizational resilience, having founded Adaptiv Learning Systems, a leader in the development and delivery of research-based resilience assessments, coaching and training programs. Dean delivers resilience training, consulting and executive coaching services to organizations and individuals worldwide.
Prior to creating Adaptiv Learning Systems, Dean founded and ran Preferred Medical Services, a physician billing and practice management firm that provided diversified business services to physician groups and health systems throughout North America. Dean began his career as a marketing representative with IBM, and later shifted his focus to executive search and recruitment for the information technology industry.
Dean holds an MBA in Medical Group Management from University of St. Thomas, and a BA in Psychology from Franklin & Marshall College. He is also a long-time ATD-PHL member and sits on the PSPS Board.